Sunday, December 4, 2011

3. How have you taken something that you have learned in the classroom and integrated it into your nonacademic life?

The only subjects I have integrated into my nonacademic life are english, history, and french. English is much more than just grammar, I have learned to analyze essays but taken it much further and analyzed peoples' ways, emotions, and motives. In history I learned about historic events, what caused them, and how the government works. It applies to my life because I will soon begin to live in moments that will become history and I need backround information on the government to assume what will happen in the future. French is just a hobbie I include in my life sometimes but also an oppurtunity to learn a whole new culture. But what all these classes have taught me about lifes big picture is that the education i receive now during these years, is the only education I'm going to have to survive. The importance of it has now been tripled along with my desire to have it. Life can be seen differently with knowledge and it's an advantage because knowledge is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment