Sunday, December 4, 2011

13. Write a letter to your future college roommate introducing yourself and your background.

Dear future roommate,
my name is Margaret, I'm 16, and I'm from here in San Diego.  I know it sounds a bit odd to be living on campus if my home is not far away but it's a great oppurtunity to experience life by myself. I know my parents aren't always going to be abe to help me when I'm in trouble so I hope to learn how to fend for myself. My parents are both from Mexico, but different cities, and they met when they moved here to the United States. I'm both grateful and relieved that I was born and raised here because of the oppurtunities I've been given and will take. For example, my education is a huge gift from the U.S and I won't throw that away. You'll probaby find me stressing and worrying sometimes over my grades but I won't always be that way so don't worry. I like to free myself and clear my mind by playing sports and other doing other activities you might enjoy. I hope you and i share similar hobbies. I like to play volleyball, basketball, soccer, and even football. I also like watching sports, it's so entertaining and suspenful and you probably like it too so we'll have bunches of fun during the years. I'm really looking forward to meeting you,
-Margaret Atwood

No comments:

Post a Comment